“Trust what you have and be confident that you are enough.” – Roma
How does singing and acting relate? How can you apply your acting skills in your music career? If you are an actor trying to dip your foot in the music industry this episode might help. Roma is an actress and a singer and she tells us why we are enough, why we should believe in ourselves and how acting and singing relate. LA based singer, actress, host; Roma Scarano shares her inspiration and advice about acting and artistry with producer, Philip Garcia.
We all know that the best way to learn is through stories. If you feel you’re getting value out of this show subscribe to “VisionQuest Sound” podcast today and share it with a friend who you think this might help. This will help us grow and learn together.
1. I went to drama school, I am an actor but I did grow up playing music, I play the trumpet.
2. Playing trumpet taught me that is great to make mistakes, is okay to not be perfect, everyone is rooting for you.
3. My motivation as an artist was: what scares me, and how do I do those things. Feeling scared is something good cuz it can take you further than you really think.
4. I teacher taught me how to approach songs as an actor, it really changed the way I look at songs and it made me fall in love back at singing and music. When you study a song, read it as a monologue. Singing is just elevated speech.
5. Trust that you are enough, there is a reason why someone is our favorite, and because they bring a little bit of themselves that we might not necessarily have our own. Trust what you have and be confident that you are enough.
Connect with Roma