Learn how truly win as an influencer today.
Though there’s never been a better time to launch a business as an influencer, running any type of company is just as much work today as it’s always been. Great news: using the following best practices can save you hours of time and money as you learn how to best run your influencer business.
If you’re just getting started…
as an influencer or you’re looking to take business to the next level, these can help you achieve your goals. Read on to learn all about finances, invoices, content creation, and more!
1. Forecast Your Business Revenue
If you’re new to social media, you may be new to forecasting your earnings and revenue as well. As a growing entrepreneur, this can help you to make better business decisions overall — especially when it comes to hiring staff, launching marketing campaigns, and making business purchases.
As you think about forecasting your future earnings, expenses, and revenue, it’s best to make two types of financial projections when starting a business: optimistic estimates and conservative estimates. Your future revenue will typically fall somewhere between these two projections.
2. Create the Right Invoicing Process
When you’re busy working with different brands and creating content for your followers, keeping track of your invoices and payments can be a challenge. However, creating an invoicing process and following several invoicing best practices can help to ensure that you’re paid on time, every time. Here are some tips:
- Set your billing schedule. If you’re not invoicing your clients, you’re not getting paid. So decide when to bill your clients each week, and be sure to pencil invoicing into your weekly schedule.
- Use online invoice generators. When you use an invoice maker to create invoices for clients, premade templates can be customized to best fit your business. The invoice can be downloaded and emailed to your clients in minutes, and you can easily add your name, logo, brand colors, contact information, and other pertinent details. Invoices should typically include your pricing details, payment instructions, and billing information.
- Make it easy for clients to pay. By accepting online payments, you can get paid in a lot less time. Keep in mind, however, that many online payment service providers do charge nominal transaction feeds.
3. Use Content Creation Tools
To succeed as an influencer, it’s crucial to consistently create content for your followers. But when you’re busy creating, editing, and publishing content — and running your business behind the scenes — things can get a bit hectic. Content creation tools can make your life a whole lot easier. These tools can help with everything from creating graphics and videos to hosting giveaways and scheduling social media posts.
4. Engage With Your Community
Creating and posting content are two very important parts of the job. But to retain your followers for the long run, you’ll also need to engage with your audience. This means responding to comments and messages in a timely manner, and continuously creating content that resonates with your followers.
5. Bring in Some Help
Even if you utilize the tools we’ve recommended and choose to follow these tips for influencers, you may still need to enlist some help if you’re having trouble keeping up with your day-to-day tasks as an entrepreneur. A bookkeeper, for instance, can help you to create and send invoices to clients — while a social media manager can assist you with creating a social media strategy, reading and responding to customer service inquiries, and tracking and measuring your social media marketing efforts.
Don’t feel as if you need to tackle everything on your own. It takes a village to successfully run a business, and influencers are no exception!
Ready to share your talents? VQS Studio can help you to get noticed. Visit vqsstudio.com to learn more about succeeding as an influencer, or apply to be featured on our show.